Thursday, November 29, 2012

Old Railroad Bridge

Recently my husband and I were visiting family in North Alabama and decided to take a trip across the river to Sheffield, AL. We certainly aren't professional photographers but we enjoy taking pictures with the DSLR we bought ourselves last year. I want to invest some time in learning more about our camera and general photography, but in the meantime, I'm just taking lots of pictures when I can.

Here are a few from the Old Railroad Bridge in Sheffield, AL. It was originally built in 1840, and then became a double-decked bridge in 1958! That's some history. Enjoy!

A shot of the historical marker - I didn't get the back of the sign, sorry:
Old Railroad Bridge Historic Marker Sheffield, AL

From the top of the double-decked bridge:
Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL

Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL

Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL

Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL
 
And from the bottom layer of the bridge:
Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL

Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL

Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL
 
A panoramic shot thanks to my iPhone 5 (Making it bigger didn't work out so well, so enjoy at this size!):
Old Railroad Bridge, Sheffield, AL
  
And here's a bonus shot...just some fall foliage from a walk.
Florence, AL - Fall Foilage

No comments:

Post a Comment