Thursday, December 13, 2012

Favorite Jambalaya

I'm a fan of the one pot meals. One pot wonders, if you will. Somehow those seem to be the most comforting meals, don't you agree? Think about it: chilis, soups, pastas, casseroles. They are some of my favorites.

I want to share one of my favorites; it's a jambalaya recipe from Cooking Light that we have made over and over. It's a no-fail recipe for us. And of course, it's a one pot wonder. (Click image for a larger picture.)
Favorite Jambalaya Recipe

Check out the recipe here. We make a few small adjustments that I'd recommend if you're trying the recipe:
 
  1. Add the tomatoes before simmering instead of after. Drain them slightly before adding.
  2. We use about 1 tablespoon of Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning instead of ground red pepper and salt.
  3. Try subbing in shrimp for one of the meats. Cook it separately and then add it to the pot at the end when chicken would be added.
Start with the trinity (onion, bell pepper, celery)...

 
And end with one delicious dinner!
Favorite Jambalaya Recipe

I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think. It's an easy meal that you'll want to repeat again soon. And you'll get to - one of the best parts of this recipe is the leftovers. It is even better the second day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment