Sunday, November 18, 2012

November: A Month of Thanksgiving

If you're on facebook, you've probably seen friends posting the "Day 1: I'm thankful for..." posts, listing a new thing each day. While I haven't been participating on facebook, it's made me think about all of the blessings I have and should be grateful for. Sometimes I think we rush around, from task to task, errand to errand, not realizing how blessed we are. Maybe that's just me. Sometimes we're so focused on that thing we want that we just don't see what's in front of us. Things you may completely take for granted may be exactly what someone else has been praying on for weeks, months, even years.

I think this a good opportunity to remind us all to reflect on the people and things in our lives that we should be truly thankful for. Here are a few that come to mind: My sweet husband, our adorable dog, our great friends and family, my job, our cozy home, music and art, the beauty of the Fall colors...too many! I feel like I could go on and on! Most of all, I'm thankful for Jesus, who provided my salvation. His love is overwhelming and unconditional. Nothing compares and I hope you know His love as well!

I hope this has inspired you to think about all of the wonderful blessings in your life during this season of thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment